Monday, July 15, 2002

There is only one time of year that I wish I was still living up north. The summer's in SW Florida are murderously hot. If the humidity doesn't kill you, the heat will. Saturday was the best day though, all you had to do was walk outside and you could smell the ocean. The wind was blowing right off the Gulf and it was cool. Not like it's been today. I'm not a big going in the water kind of person but I love living near it. I wish we could move right down to the beach so I could hear the waves at night. If I can't have that then I want to live on the river. It's almost as good. The best river in this state is the Withlacochee. It's north of Tampa and it has Cypress swamps, black water and of course, gators. The first year I lived down here I lived almost on the river, my cabin was ony 500 ft. from it. I miss that the most. Hearing the gators talk back and forth at night, hearing the frogs. Going on blowboat rides is one of the best too. It's almost like riding a Harley, only you do get a little more wet.

I guess I'm just going to have to win the lottery and buy the old place so I can live there again.

No comments: