Tuesday, December 18, 2001

I love Christmas. It's a friendly, family holiday, that usually brings out the best in people. Sometimes, through all of the crazyness of my job, I forget that. Yesterday, I was reminded of it again. Now, even though we aren't supposed to take tips from our customers, usually they give us no choice in the matter anyway, I was given a whole plate full of cookies, homemade cookies. I was going to take them back for the regular carrier because he does the route the other 5 days, while I do other things. The woman told me that, "even the relief carriers deserve presents too" and said that they were for me. It was nice to be remembered. We may not work the same route everyday, or even every week, but we do work 6 days a week and most of the time it's on 6 different routes or delivering packages, express, etc. Somedays I wonder if it's all worth it to wait for 5 or 6 years to become a regular carrier. Then I remember that they only have to do 1 route all year and that's when the job gets easy. I also remember the good customers that make it worthwhile. Now a plate of oatmeal raisin cookies(not my favorite, I don't like raisins) may not seem like much but it's knowing that someone out there realizes how hard we really do work and appreciates it.

With that little rant, I'm going to take my exhausted body and put it to bed. I hope to chat with you all soon. BTW, if I ever figure out how to put the cgi comments on my page, I will. Thanks, 27 and BD.

No comments: